Volunteer Job Description
Solarize Northwest is a Northwest SEED program designed to bring clean and affordable solar energy to communities in Washington and Oregon. By partnering with community groups and local installers, we help neighbors come together to save time and money through the group purchase of solar systems.
To maximize community participation in Solarize by promoting workshops through community events, local media, flyers and posters, social media, and other means determined by the team.
- Recruit volunteers and coordinate volunteer assignments
- Recruit support from relevant community groups
- Identify outreach opportunities (community groups, blogs, newspapers, etc.)
- Develop outreach plan and delegate outreach tasks
- Finalize and distribute outreach materials
- Attend local meetings and events
- Represent community partner coalition at Solarize workshops
Hours: 2-4 hours/week, flexible commitment.
- Volunteer orientation meeting
- Bi-weekly outreach check-in
On your own time:
- Complete outreach tasks, as assigned
- Tell everyone you know about Solarize!
- “People person” with community connections
- Comfortable talking to strangers
- Experience with marketing and/or graphic design a plus!
- Experience with community organizing a plus!