Solarize is a community-driven, neighborhood group purchase campaign. Just by attending a workshop, you can save time and money on installing a solar system.
Steps to Solarize
- Attend a Workshop. Come to a free public workshop to learn everything you need to know about installing solar on your home or business. You’ll learn about the maintenance, costs, incentives, and financing associated with solar PV. You’ll also get to meet your community-selected installer and representatives from your utility and local lenders.
- Get a Site Assessment. After you attend a workshop, your community-selected installer will contact you to schedule a free site assessment. The installer will visit your site to look at roof orientation, shading, and whether you need any upgrades to your roofing, structure or electrical services. From there, the installer will discuss your budget, electricity use, and goals in order to design a system that works for you.
- Sign Your Contract. Next, your installer will send you a system proposal with details about the system, costs, and expected savings. Sign your contract by the campaign deadline to lock in the Solarize price! Until you sign a contract, there is no cost and no obligation to proceed.
- Go Solar! Congratulations on your new solar system! The installer will schedule your installation so you can start producing clean, renewable energy!
The Neighborhood Approach
Solarize Northwest brings clean and affordable solar energy to communities in Washington and Oregon. By partnering with community groups and local installers, we help neighbors come together to save time and money through the group purchase of solar systems.
Every neighborhood campaign features:
- Grassroots outreach and promotion by community volunteers
- Competitively selected contractors with clear prices
- Free educational workshops for all participants
- Free site assessments for all participants to determine solar suitability
- A limited time offer to get a great deal!
More questions? See Solarize FAQs.
A Program of Spark Northwest
Solarize Northwest is a program of Spark Northwest, a 501(c)3 non-profit organization dedicated to creating communities powered by locally-controlled clean energy. We partner with a number of groups on Solarize campaigns, including community organizations, solar installers, utilities, cities, solar lenders, and foundations.
Visit the Spark Northwest website to learn more about our work.